Is booking open?
Booking is CLOSED!
The next booking cycle will open on Monday JULY 12th at 10:00 AM PST and will be for dates between JULY 19th-SEPTEMBER 30th as well as for AnimeInk Con from October 22-24, 2021. Please visit the AnimeInk Con website for more info about the con itself!
See the “Book an appointment” page for more info!
Can I still email you before booking opens if I have a question that isn’t in your FAQ?
Yes, however I will not book you in advance nor reserve a spot for you for booking. I will only answer your questions and I may give you a general price quote but if you wanted to book an appointment you will need to send an inquiry on the day that booking opens like everyone else.
If a booking cycle is not currently in session, then my responses will be delayed usually to my weekends.
When do you work?
Monday-Friday, available time slots at 12:30 pm and 4:30pm.
I don’t work on Sat/Sun, no exceptions.
Where do you work?
Currently, I am at Pussykat Tattoo
4972 S Maryland Pkwy # 12
Las Vegas NV 89119
My studio is along YOUR LEFT side of the shop when you walk in, past the table and couch. I’m the first door past the arch down the hallway. Usually my door will be open, but if it’s not then just knock. A banner with my name will be on the door.
How do you pronounce your name?
Lea: LAY-UH, like Princess Leia from Star Wars
Not LEE-UH or LEE or LAY-LA (not even my name, guys)
Ligot: LI-GOT, “li” like “I lit the candle” but shorter, then “got” like “I got you a boba”
Not LIE-GOT or LE-GOAT or LE-GO or LEE-GUT<–(unless ur pinoy, then I get it)
What happened to your online shop?? Did you close it for good?
It’s closed temporarily! I will be reopening the shop when I release new items and will announce those on my Instagram page when it happens. Until then, the rest of my available stock will be for sale in my studio to be purchased physically! (While I’m present, don’t ask my coworkers to open my studio for you.)
What are you doing about COVID-19 and tattooing?
*I have updated this section on April 14th 2021.
Full disclosure: I will be fully vaccinated by May 4th 2021. However, I will continue to wear a face covering/mask during a tattoo session for the foreseeable future. If you can provide proof that you are also vaccinated then you can also go without a mask during your session in my studio.
For everyone else, please adhere to the following:
- Wear a face covering/mask for the duration of your tattoo session.
- Do not bring additional guests to your appointment.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer liberally.
- If you become sick, please cancel and reschedule.
As we begin to move out of pandemic restrictions, please just remain courteous whenever you may be sick.
Once I’m fully vaccinated, I’ll likely only be wearing my mask when I’m tattooing. It’s just a sanitary change that I should’ve been doing from the beginning. But during greetings and goodbyes I’ll probably have the mask off or down. We can also hug again ♡
When are you available for a tattoo?
I’m currently by appointment only! I cannot take last minute appointments or walk-ins unless I state otherwise on my Instagram account (this is the place to go for all of the latest updates with me!
Here is a handy calendar, updated every 24-36 hours.
***”Some Availability” will refer to days where I usually have a 3-4 hour block of time left available in the day.
How much do you charge?
On average, single sessions with me will range from $400-600 total (including deposit amount) for tattoos that can be started and completed in one session. If we’re working on bigger projects that require more sessions I break that down in a plan on an individual level.
My pricing fluctuates often, but this is a general range currently. It is subject to change at any time for any project.
Please inquire for more details on pricing.
How is price determined?
There are several factors, but the main ones are overall size, level of detail, and the anticipated time it will take to complete the tattoo. I put a lot of work into my tattoos and have priced them out to what I believe I deserve for that work.
Remember that tattoos are a luxury! They are living pieces of art that are (for the most part) one of a kind to you. These are (for the most part) permanent investments to your body so be mindful about what you’re getting and who is doing them.
Please inquire for more details on pricing.
Do you do discounts for multiple people? Couples? Birthdays? Holidays? Special occasions? Memorials? Military? Dedications for sickness of all types?
I don’t offer discounts of any kind, but I do handle every situation on an individual basis to try to accommodate a range of budgets and give you a few different options that will work within any reasonable given budget.
Do you require a deposit?
Yes. I require $100 minimum deposit that will both secure your appointment, and pay for any drawings I do in preparation for your tattoo. Whatever amount you set for the deposit will go toward the total price of your tattoo, so on the day of your appointment you’ll only be responsible for the difference. Deposits must be made before a week leading up to your appointment.
ALL deposits are non-refundable and now non-transferable if you need to cancel or reschedule. Deposits will count as cancellation fees if in the event of a cancellation, reschedule, or a no-call-no-show. Please give me at least 24 hours advance notice to cancel or reschedule just as a courtesy. Emergencies come up, just try to keep me informed. No-call-no-shows get a fast pass to my shitlist, so please don’t be rude and just let me know what’s up.
Deposits are to be made online via Paypal. I will send you the link during the booking process.
What forms of payment do you accept?
In order of preference: Cash, Zelle, Venmo, Paypal, or credit card.
Will you do my tattoo?
Maybe—as long as I feel it’s within my ability/interest. Please look through my profile and see if the way I tattoo is a good fit for the style you’re looking for. If you’re unsure if I’d be interested, then there’s no harm in just asking me! Please inquire to see if I’m able to do your tattoo.
What I’m interested in for this current booking cycle:
- my premade designs
- Kawaii stuff
- kirby or pokemon
- Anime tattoos with emphasis on Demonslayer, but I’m down for anything
- manga panels
- vintage lady head recreations
- vintage shojo manga recreations
- Floral work, as always
- Abstract/psychedelic colorful art
- japanese tattoo imagery
- pet portraits/dedications, as always
This is not an exhaustive list, these are just the first few that come to mind, but if you think I’d be well-suited to take on your idea, send an inquiry!
Will you tattoo minors?
No, only 18 and over please.
Do you do coverups? Can you rework a tattoo I already have?
I’m only open to coverups or reworks under these conditions:
- We have a separate tattoo project planned out first!
- I would appreciate not using me for cleaning up someone else’s mess, I want to do something of my own vision with you first.
- For coverups:
- I have to be confident that I can cover your tattoo successfully. Every single situation is different and I would evaluate on a case by case basis. If I don’t feel confident in the project, I will not take it on and will usually suggest laser removal to help make your existing tattoo easier to work with to make a more successful coverup.
- For reworks:
- Please do your best to talk to your original artist first just because it can be incredibly rude to start a project with another artist and get it finished or reworked by another. I usually will only take on these projects if you’re looking to expand greatly on what you already have. If you want very little changes, I would encourage you to seek out the original artist above all, OR if we add it on as a small rework project to an independent project we do separately.
Just ask me nicely! I would like to try to help you as best that I can, but I am not a magician and cannot undo all of the tattoo mistakes of the world. Please come into these projects with an open mind as I will try to do my best, but coverups and reworks are not always perfect!
Do you have premade designs available?
I do have some available designs posted on my Instagram page and also in a book of designs available to peruse at the shop, but the most current will be on my Instagram.
How can I claim a design?
If books are open, then you can send an email with a screenshot of the design you’d like to claim and as long as it’s available then we make an appointment, you set a deposit, and the design is claimed. It then becomes unavailable and I edit the postings accordingly.
What if the design I wanted gets claimed before I can do the claiming?
You have two options: cut your losses and try again with another design, or if you really liked the concept then ask me if I’d be comfortable designing something similar and custom for you. Most of the time I am fine with a redraw/making a sister design.
Will you do custom work?
Yes, most of the work I do is custom per the client’s request.
How do I set up an appointment?
Instructions are available through the “Book an Appointment” page. Please be prepared to set a deposit for any appointment.
**Please be sure to check your spelling in the entire inquiry!
How soon do you respond to your email?
I will generally respond to emails in the evening! Any emails I receive over my weekend (Saturday and Sunday) are answered on Sunday nights.
Why do you require only email correspondence? Why can’t I text or direct message you on instagram?
I’m the type of person that can write quite a bit and I tend to be able to explain myself more clearly if I write everything out. That can get pretty lengthy over a text message, so I prefer email to break it all down. It can also be much easier to send higher resolution images via email rather than text so I prefer it greatly.
Where is my design? Can I see what you’ve drawn up? Can you send me the sketches?
I am no longer able to draw for appointments multiple days in advance! Everyone will receive their designs on the day of and only sketches with watermarks are sent in the morning of the appointment!
What happens if I come late/forget about my appointment?
I will usually give everyone a 15 minute window in case of traffic, but if something comes up and you’ll be more than half and hour late, please let me know. Sometimes this can cause scheduling issues so we may need to reschedule.
If you forget about your appointment/no call no show me, then you forfeit your deposit for that missed appointment and you’ll have to set a new one if you make a new appointment. I’ll email you after your missed appointment to give you an opportunity to make a new appointment. I don’t particularly love to reprimand someone over missing their appointment so please try to help us both avoid an awkward situation and be mindful of your appointment!
That being said everyone is responsible for keeping their own appointments. I don’t send reminders and often I won’t have the time to confirm with everyone, so it’s up to you.
Do I get to keep the art you did for me anyway?
Not at all. The art belongs to me and only for me to tattoo. Please understand that it would be really shitty if someone blew me off on an appointment and then got it done by someone else.
The deposit pays for the time I work on the art for your tattoo, but does not entitle you to ownership of that artwork. All artwork that I produce belongs to me. Obviously a tattoo will belong to its wearer, but the artwork belongs to the artist. That’s why ripping off someone else’s tattoo is a big offense as you’re stealing someone else’s work.
Will you draw something for me?
Only if it’s for a tattoo you’ve set a deposit for!
I live so far away and can’t come to you! Can I have my local artist tattoo one of your designs?
Do you plan on traveling and doing guest spots/conventions?
Yes, when the world stops burning!
Any tips for newbies?
Getting tattooed is only as hard as you want to make it. Here are my top tips for getting through your first tattoo:
- Sleep well and eat well before your appointment! Your body uses up a lot of energy getting tattooed so make sure you come fully charged and well fed with a carby meal to get you through it.
- Bring headphones! Sometimes you can talk to your tattoo artist to get through your tattoo, but if you just want to chill out and distract yourself then just pop in those headphones and get lost.
- Bring supportive people if you bring anyone. There’s nothing worse for your psyche than someone trying to mess it up by making you feel tense or nervous. Even if it’s jokingly, sometimes it can really get to you so try to pick people that will comfort you when you need it.
- Don’t. Use. Numbing cream. There’s a reason we don’t numb you beforehand, not only because that would defeat the point of a tattoo that’s a permanent change to your body and should be respected with a certain level of seriousness, but because it’ll make the pain much worse. All numbing agents eventually wear off, and when it does all of the pain that your body was still experiencing will hit you hard and fast. All tattoos hurt, there’s no way around that, but your body is a strange and wonderful organism that will help you get through the pain once the adrenaline and endorphins wash through your body. We rely on that and your own true grit to get through a tattoo. Because only then can you say you really earned it!