Is booking open?
Booking is OPEN. This booking cycle will be for February and March, only. I will not be taking appointments for January. See the “Book an appointment” page for more info!
When do you work?
Monday-Friday, available time slots at 12:30 pm and 4:30pm.
I don’t work on Sat/Sun, no exceptions.
Where do you work?
Currently, I am at Pussykat Tattoo
4972 S Maryland Pkwy # 12
Las Vegas NV 89119
My studio is along the left side of the shop.
What are you doing about COVID-19 and tattooing?
Although I am fortunate to continue working during these times, I am still working through a live and active pandemic in a profession where I am literally in contact with someone for several hours. It shouldn’t be understated the risks involved with tattooing right now, both for the tattooer and the client.
However, there are measures we can take to ensure our safety during the procedure and it will require full compliance from the artist and client to be effective. As a tattoo artist, we already have certain sanitary and sterilization standards to uphold such as disinfecting all surfaces after any tattoo procedure as well as employing the use of single-use equipment that is disposed after each tattoo.
The only things that particularly new would be:
- Wearing more face-related PPE (personal protective equipment) in the form of a face mask, a face shield, or both at all times,
- Maintaining social distancing when applicable. No handshakes or hugs, but I usually air hug or vigorously wave at you.
- This isn’t new, but the shop I work at is made up of individual rooms between artists so we reduce risk of contact with other people significantly.
- Payment is for the most part unchanged as I can do cash, card, Paypal, Venmo, or Zelle. The only difference is I wash my hands after handling cash or your card.
As a guest, I kindly ask any client to take the following extra steps in return:
- Please come alone to your appointment.
- Please be ON TIME, not early, not late, but ON TIME. Please wait in your car if you arrive early.
- A face mask/covering is a hard requirement. It must remain on at all times during your stay.
- Please wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer liberally.
- Refrain from touching your face as much as possible
- Please do not bring food in my room. Drinks are acceptable under the condition that we have to be at opposite ends of the room if you want to rehydrate. Any snack or meal must be taken outside.
- I will take your temperature after you complete your paperwork. This is to ensure that outside temp, especially in the summers of Vegas, will not affect the reading. If your temperature exceeds 100.4, then we will reschedule immediately.
I have an expectation of honesty in regards to my clients’ health and wellbeing in the days leading up to an appointment. I don’t have the means to test a person on site, so I rely on your honesty in keeping myself and others safe.
✱✱Please notify me if within 10 days before your appointment:✱✱
- If you or someone in your household becomes ill and is experiencing the common symptoms of COVID-19 infection such as fever, dry cough, fatigue, or difficulty breathing
- If you or someone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19
- If you or someone in your household is waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test
You will never be at risk of losing your deposit if a reschedule is necessary. The inconvenience of waiting should not persuade you to act in ways that may be harmful to myself or others. I will happily work with you to reschedule and I will fully appreciate your honesty.
As a side note, I have made it thus far without any signs of infection. I’ve been diligent both at work and in my personal life to uphold the most basic tenants of this pandemic life in wearing a mask and social distancing as much as possible. If I ever become ill, I will take the necessary steps in contacting any and all that could have been affected and in rescheduling future appointments until I am confident in my health.
We must adapt to our situation with grace. If any new information comes about, I will take that into consideration, change procedures as necessary, and update this section accordingly.
Thank you! ♡
When do you ship orders from your webshop?
Shipments go out at least every weekend, although the times are erratic due to my full schedule. If you have any questions with your order, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
When are you available for a tattoo?
I’m currently by appointment only! I cannot take last minute appointments or walk-ins unless I state otherwise on my Instagram account (this is the place to go for all of the latest updates with me!
Here is a handy calendar, updated every 24-36 hours.
***”Some Availability” will refer to days where I usually have a 3-4 hour block of time left available in the day.
How much do you charge?
My absolute minimum is $100. However, on average, each tattoo session with me will cost $300-500 in total (including the deposit). Obviously this will be different from tattoo to tattoo and from person to person. This is just meant to give you an idea of what to expect before you inquire.
Please inquire for more details on pricing.
How is price determined?
There are several factors, but the main ones are overall size, level of detail, and the anticipated time it will take to complete the tattoo. Please inquire for more details on pricing.
Do you do discounts for multiple people? Couples? Birthdays? Holidays? Special occasions? Memorials? Military? Dedications for sickness of all types?
I don’t offer discounts of any kind, but I do handle every situation on an individual basis to try to accommodate a range of budgets and give you a few different options that will work within any reasonable given budget.
Do you require a deposit?
Yes. I require $100 minimum deposit that will both secure your appointment, and pay for any drawings I do in preparation for your tattoo. Whatever amount you set for the deposit will go toward the total price of your tattoo, so on the day of your appointment you’ll only be responsible for the difference. Deposits must be made before a week leading up to your appointment.
ALL deposits are non-refundable and now non-transferable if you need to cancel or reschedule. Deposits will count as cancellation fees if in the event of a cancellation, reschedule, or a no-call-no-show. Please give me at least 24 hours advance notice to cancel or reschedule just as a courtesy. Emergencies come up, just try to keep me informed. No-call-no-shows get a fast pass to my shitlist, so please don’t be rude and just let me know what’s up.
Deposits are to be made online via Paypal. I will send you the link during the booking process.
What forms of payment do you accept?
In order of preference: Cash, Zelle, Venmo, Paypal, or credit card.
Will you do my tattoo?
Maybe—as long as I feel it’s within my ability/interest. Please look through my profile and see if the way I tattoo is a good fit for the style you’re looking for. If you’re unsure if I’d be interested, then there’s no harm in just asking me! Please inquire to see if I’m able to do your tattoo.
What I’m interested in for this current booking cycle:
- my premade designs
- Kawaii stuff
- kirby or pokemon
- Anime tattoos with emphasis on Demonslayer, but I’m down for anything
- manga panels
- vintage lady head recreations
- vintage shojo manga recreations
- Floral work, as always
- Abstract/psychedelic colorful art
- japanese tattoo imagery
- pet portraits/dedications, as always
This is not an exhaustive list, these are just the first few that come to mind, but if you think I’d be well-suited to take on your idea, send an inquiry!
Will you tattoo minors?
No, only 18 and over please.
Do you do coverups? How much would it be?
I do! The cost will depend on how much work it will take to cover up your existing tattoo as whatever we’re doing will likely be much bigger in overall size to successfully cover the tattoo. I do try to remind people that doing a coverup is not performing magic and there will be compromises made in terms of design, color, and size. I can’t do much to help if there’s raised scarring in the tattoo, if the tattoo is too dark, or sometimes just the placement can be a hinderance in designing something that would cover it completely. Sometimes it can’t be helped if some of the old tattoo peeks through the new one, but what ultimately matters is that the tattoo covering it looks so good that you don’t care if you might see if a few spots that poke through.
Just a few things to keep in mind:
- You can’t cover lettering with lettering (usually)
- There will always have to be black or dark colors in a coverup, there is literally no way around that unless your tattoo is already super light and faded. It in no way means there has to be a blob of black, but there will be black incorporated!
- Do. Your. Research. I don’t know what you like and you may not like what I like, so come prepared with a few images of what you’d like to see if we can make it work!
If all else fails, laser treatment to lighten a tattoo will be recommended. You don’t have to get it totally removed, but lightening your tattoo will greatly expand your options.
Can you rework a tattoo I got from another artist?
Ehh, generally not. Every situation is different so I usually try to address this on an individual case by case basis.
Do you have premade designs available?
I do have some available designs posted on my Instagram page and also in a book of designs available to peruse at the shop, but the most current will be on my Instagram.
How can I claim a design?
If books are open, then you can send an email with a screenshot of the design you’d like to claim and as long as it’s available then we make an appointment, you set a deposit, and the design is claimed. It then becomes unavailable and I edit the postings accordingly.
What if the design I wanted gets claimed before I can do the claiming?
You have two options: cut your losses and try again with another design, or if you really liked the concept then ask me if I’d be comfortable designing something similar and custom for you. Most of the time I am fine with a redraw/making a sister design.
Will you do custom work?
Yes, most of the work I do is custom per the client’s request.
How do I set up an appointment?
Instructions are available through the “Book an Appointment” page. Please be prepared to set a deposit for any appointment.
**Please be sure to check your spelling in the entire inquiry!
How soon do you respond to your email?
I will generally respond to emails in the evening! Any emails I receive over my weekend (Saturday and Sunday) are answered on Sunday nights.
Why do you require only email correspondence? Why can’t I text or direct message you on instagram?
I’m the type of person that can write quite a bit and I tend to be able to explain myself more clearly if I write everything out. That can get pretty lengthy over a text message, so I prefer email to break it all down. It can also be much easier to send higher resolution images via email rather than text so I prefer it greatly.
Where is my design? Can I see what you’ve drawn up? Can you send me the sketches?
I am no longer able to draw for appointments multiple days in advance! Everyone will receive their designs on the day of and only sketches with watermarks are sent in the morning of the appointment!
What happens if I come late/forget about my appointment?
I will usually give everyone a 15 minute window in case of traffic, but if something comes up and you’ll be more than half and hour late, please let me know. Sometimes this can cause scheduling issues so we may need to reschedule.
If you forget about your appointment/no call no show me, then you forfeit your deposit for that missed appointment and you’ll have to set a new one if you make a new appointment. I’ll email you after your missed appointment to give you an opportunity to make a new appointment. I don’t particularly love to reprimand someone over missing their appointment so please try to help us both avoid an awkward situation and be mindful of your appointment!
That being said everyone is responsible for keeping their own appointments. I don’t send reminders and often I won’t have the time to confirm with everyone, so it’s up to you.
Do I get to keep the art you did for me anyway?
Not at all. The art belongs to me and only for me to tattoo. Please understand that it would be really shitty if someone blew me off on an appointment and then got it done by someone else.
The deposit pays for the time I work on the art for your tattoo, but does not entitle you to ownership of that artwork. All artwork that I produce belongs to me. Obviously a tattoo will belong to its wearer, but the artwork belongs to the artist. That’s why ripping off someone else’s tattoo is a big offense as you’re stealing someone else’s work.
Will you draw something for me?
Only if it’s for a tattoo you’ve set a deposit for!
I live so far away and can’t come to you! Can I have my local artist tattoo one of your designs?
Do you plan on traveling and doing guest spots/conventions?
Yes, when the world stops burning!
How do you pronounce your name?
Lea: lay-uhh (like Princess Leia from Star Wars)
Any tips for newbies?
Getting tattooed is only as hard as you want to make it. Here are my top tips for getting through your first tattoo:
- Sleep well and eat well before your appointment! Your body uses up a lot of energy getting tattooed so make sure you come fully charged and well fed with a carby meal to get you through it.
- Bring headphones! Sometimes you can talk to your tattoo artist to get through your tattoo, but if you just want to chill out and distract yourself then just pop in those headphones and get lost.
- Bring supportive people if you bring anyone. There’s nothing worse for your psyche than someone trying to mess it up by making you feel tense or nervous. Even if it’s jokingly, sometimes it can really get to you so try to pick people that will comfort you when you need it.
- Don’t. Use. Numbing cream. There’s a reason we don’t numb you beforehand, not only because that would defeat the point of a tattoo that’s a permanent change to your body and should be respected with a certain level of seriousness, but because it’ll make the pain much worse. All numbing agents eventually wear off, and when it does all of the pain that your body was still experiencing will hit you hard and fast. All tattoos hurt, there’s no way around that, but your body is a strange and wonderful organism that will help you get through the pain once the adrenaline and endorphins wash through your body. We rely on that and your own true grit to get through a tattoo. Because only then can you say you really earned it!